Your Marygrove librarians would like to highlight a free resource called LearningExpress Library which “helps students and adults improve scores on academic, civil service, military, and professional licensing and certification exams. Hundreds of tests, tutorials, and courses are included, with immediate scoring available.” It also includes a section on job searching and career information, and is made available for Michigan residents from the State of Michigan.
Here are examples of how you might use LearningExpress Library:
- Take practice tests at all levels for math, social studies, writing, reading, logic, science, statistics, and vocabulary
- Prepare for high school entrance exams
- Practice the ACT, AP, PSAT, SAT, or TOEFL
- Improve your test-taking skills, personal financial skills, and public speaking skills
- Prepare for writing a college admissions essay
- Practice college placement tests such as COMPASS or ASSET
- Prepare for graduate school exams such as the GMAT, GRE, LSAT, and MCAT
- Click through interactive tutorials for Microsoft Office products, Windows and Mac operating systems, and Adobe products
- Take the occupation practice tests for careers such as air traffic controller, culinary arts, law enforcement, military, and real estate
- Prepare for the U.S. Citizenship exam
This is not a comprehensive list! There are many more resources within LearningExpress Library. If you’d like to give it a try, begin by visiting the Marygrove Library homepage: http://research.marygrove.edu/. From the Articles & Databases menu, choose Search for Articles, then scroll down to the L’s. Click on LearningExpress Library and choose your topic. Please note that many of these practice exams require that you first create a username and password.
If you have any questions about this, don’t hesitate to get in touch with your librarians! 313.927.1346 or email@example.com.