The Double Up Food Bucks Initiative runs now through October, and is designed to give low-income families access to better food choices.
“For every dollar you spend from your Bridge Card at the farmers’ market, you get a dollar’s worth of Double Up Food Buck tokens, up to $20 per market day. Those Double Up Food Buck tokens can be spent on any Michigan-grown fruits or vegetables.” (Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/07/10/bridge-card-bonus-at-farmers-markets-this-summer/)
Participating Detroit-area farmers’ markets:
- Detroit Eastern Market
- Eastside Farmers Market
- Farmer’s & Artisan Market Dearborn
- Lincoln Park Farmers Market
- Wayne State University Farmers Market
- The Northwest Detroit Farmers’ Market
- Sowing Seeds Growing Futures Farmers Market
- Peaches & Greens Store and Mobile Food Truck
Eligibility for a Bridge Card is based on family income. To find out if you qualify, visit the MI Bridges website (https://www.mibridges.michigan.gov/access/) or visit your local Department of Human Services branch office (find the nearest office by calling 517.373.2035.